Pro Mentoring Programmes
The more one looks, the more one sees. The more one sees, the better one knows where to look… ~Author Unknown
Be the creative photographer you want to be.
Seminars, workshops, Camera Clubs and books all have their place to inspire and explore camera technique. However, the best camera equipment and technique in the world does not necessarily produce great photographs. Feedback from the hundreds of participants I’ve taught over the past 10 years suggests that most enthusiasts also need ample specific feedback and critique of their own images with suggestions on improving their photography and options to enhance their visual literacy. I can offer a limited number of students one-on-one mentoring in between my travel and tour assignments.
The mentoring program will focus on the needs of the enthusiast and will be flexible. It can include:
- A personalised program jointly drawn up to suit the level and desired outcomes of the photographer.
- Assessment of current photographic equipment (film and digital) to ensure it is in good working order and can meet the outcomes of the style of photography it is aimed at.
- Suggestions to maximise the performance of the current equipment and any upgrades required.
- Feedback and critique of the photographer’s work with suggestions and options for improvement.
- One-on-one teaching technique for using digital equipment and software (Photoshop)
- Access to high end pro computers, printers, and software to facilitate teaching.
- Field shoots with personal mentoring
- Assignments to master technique and to develop the photographer’s eye
- Variety of categories including travel (people and scenery), landscapes, fine-art and exhibition work, Photoshop and assorted plug-ins and workflow, camera technique, close-ups and macro work etc.
Sessions will be held at my photographic workshop in Fremantle as it includes Pro equipment and computers. There are numerous venues nearby for practical shoots (and good coffee). Sessions times and dates will be arranged to suit both parties.
Session durations will be at the discretion of the photographer and are $120 per hour. It is suggested that the average session should be a minimum of two hours to maximise outcomes.
Hi Nick, just wanted to say thanks for the mentoring meeting we had last night .I learned heaps of good stuff, but the critique of my images and your suggestions for fine tuning the post-processing really opened my eyes to achieving another level of improvement that was invaluable to me. It’s advice one wouldn’t get from a camera club or a club competition judge, and that is, to me, the great value of a mentorship session like this. Steve A
Information Sheet: Mentoring Programmes