Essential Skills for Digital Imaging
Mastery of Photo Shop is essential for getting the ultimate from your photography and your best fine-art images for exhibition, competition or books.What you will learn from this workshop is that Adobe Photoshop is a powerful imaging program which is not hard to use. Soon you will be producing some amazing images from your initial camera capture, regardless of whether you have a point and shoot camera, or a more sophisticated Digital SLR.
This Photoshop workshop will introduce you gently to the complex and sometimes baffling array of functions on offer from this digital darkroom and give you a thorough grounding that will allow you to work on your images in ways you never thought possible.
- Removing the mystique and learning to enjoy the creativity of Photoshop
- Correct setting up of Photoshop to maximize ease of working, speed and potential
- Managing, opening, closing, saving, re‐sizing files
- File types and their use ….. not very complex at all!
- The power of layers – the basis of Photoshop
- The magic of adjustment layers – quality without the size (or overloaded computers)
- Levels and curves … different or the same outcomes?
- Easy colour corrections ….. seeing it as it is or giving it a new look
- Dodging and burning non‐destructively …. darkroom magic the digital way
- Cropping, straightening and adjusting perspective … simplicity itself with great results
- Clone, patch and healing brush …. The ‘secret’ retouching tools used by all Masters
- Using masks …. Reveal the hidden treasures captured, from global and local enhancements
- Saving time with actions …… efficiency with creative flair
- Adobe Camera Raw….advanced options to bring out the tones hiding within your images
- Sharpening …. with finesse and sensitivity including Nick's favourite plug-ins
- How to strip in a sky for landscapes with impact
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA